Re: Can't get through install (INIT 1 respawning too fast)

magicmanzach wrote:

> I'm attempting to set up Potato on my Performa 475,
> using Penguin-18. I get through the first half of the
> install without problems, until I reach the reboot
> point. I reboot, and the boot process chugs along for
> a few minutes. I then recieve the message 'INIT "1"
> respawning too fast; disabled for 5 minutes". It
> repeats itself each 5 minutes as long as the system is
> running. I can get to another terminal, but I can't
> finish the installer program. Any help would be much
> appreciated.
>
> -- Zach

This is a symptom of the bad mask revision LC040.  Either get a full
68040 as a replacement or find a good LC040.  The full 68040 is probably
going to be easier to find as Apple seems to have used only LC040's with
the bad mask revision as far as I can tell.

--
Ray Knight
audilvr@speakeasy.org