Re: [SECURITY] Last call for 2.2.19 kernel images

On Sun, Apr 15, 2001 at 01:51:58AM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> I am going to release a security advisory tomorrow for the security
> problems in the Linux kernel: all kernels before 2.2.19 have
> a couple of nasty security problems that can be exploited
> both locally or remotely.
>
> Currently I have no kernel packages for the arm, m68k and powerpc
> architectures. If there are still no packages for this in 20
> hours those architectures will be left without a security fix.
>
> (there actually are 2.2.19 m68k packages, but they were only
> uploaded to unstable so I can't use those).

Aside from the fact that the 2.2.19 Mac 68k kernel needs the MACE
ethernet option enabled, is there any way to take the unstable packages
and produce stable packages without recompiling the kernels? Or can
someone rebuild them? I'd really like to be able to put 2.2.19 on the
boot floppies. And I can probably only manage to build a single kernel
before tonight.

J.

--
Sunday morning is every day for all I care...  and I'm not scared.