Re: boot-floppies for stable

On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 06:16:17PM -0300, Peter Cordes wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 05:19:19PM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > I have no idea what state the boot-floppies were left in for m68k.
> > If the LC475 seems too slow I can offer you access to a Quadra 650
> > with chroot build environments for stable and unstable (650: 33 MHz
> > 040, 40 MB RAM).
>
>  Can't you cross-compile from something speedy?  This would seem to be
>  especially useful for something like boot-floppies, where you have to
>  reboot all the time to try stuff.

I can see that this might work for kernels, but I'd have thought
anything else needs a full chroot environment to get all the
dependencies right. Even boot-floppies need vmelilo, which isn't
available for x86. I presume it could be compiled for it, but would
endian-ness become a problem?

Has anyone tried using UAE as a build environment? I notice it can do a
68020 with an MMU, so it might work.

J.

--
Web [                   Are you threatening me?                    ]
site: http:// [                                          ]       Made by