Re: How do I install a prebuilt 2.4.0 kernel?

Bill Layer wrote:

> I'm unsure of how to install the 2.4.0 prebuilt kernel. The sourceforge site
> has four files: vmlinuz, config, system.map and modules. Where do I put each
> of these, and why are system.map and config provided?
>
> Sorry, I'm used to doing this from source...
> --
>
>                            -.bill.layer.-
>
> -.those who are talking don't know, and those who know aren't talking.-
>
>            -.frogtown.-     -.minnesota.-      -.u.s.a.-

Put the vmlinuz file on you MacOS partition an point to in using
Penguin.  The System.map file goes in your boot directory (it's used by
some system utilities like top and ps, and for debugging purposes).  The
modules.tgz get untarred and un-gzipped into the /lib/modules
directory.  The config file is provided so others can see what options
were selected when this kernel was built.

--
Ray Knight
audilvr@speakeasy.org