Re: which kernel to run on Performa 475?

Bill Layer wrote:

> Hi all, I was absent from the list for a while, but I'm back ;)
>
> I have my m68k Potato box up & running finally, but the kernel is pretty old
> (2.2.10). I have some issues, including adb_cuda buffer overruns. What kernel
> version should I be running, and where can I get the image? How much hassle
> is it to build my own on this machine (in terms of compile time, mainly..)
>
> This is a Mac Performa 475 (full 68040) w/ 20mb of RAM, 1GB SCSI drive,
> ethernet. Overclocked to 33MHz with the 'switch' mod.
>
> TIA,
>                            -.bill.layer.-
>
> -.those who are talking don't know, and those who know aren't talking.-
>
>            -.frogtown.-     -.minnesota.-      -.u.s.a.-

My 2.2.18 kernel available on the SourceForge website at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/linux-mac68k/ in the Latest File
Releases section works just fine on my LC475 with th 68LC040 processor
so there should be no problem with a full '040.  I have 36MB of RAM,
500MB SCSI drive and a Farallon EtherMac LC-TP card in the PDS slot.
You could also pull the source from 2.2 source from CVS (directions on
site) and build your own kernel.  It'll take a while but you can
configure it for your needs.

--
Ray Knight
audilvr@speakeasy.org