Re: XFree86 4.0.2 status

On Sun, Jan 07, 2001 at 04:37:39PM +0100, Christian T . Steigies wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 06, 2001 at 02:28:03PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
>
> > Could you try not stripping the modules?  I recall alpha having a
> > similar problem.
> Got a quick patch for that? I found it not very easy to patch X here and
> there for testing (yes, I always build it from scratch) without adding a
> patch to the dbs.

Check in the neighborhood of line 223 of debian/rules:

    221         dh_undocumented
    222         dh_installchangelogs
    223 # stripped modules refuse to load on Alpha
    224 ifeq ($(ARCH),alpha)
    225         dh_strip -Nxserver-xfree86
    226 else
    227         dh_strip
    228 endif
    229         dh_link

Off the top of my head I don't know how to write a compound if statement in
make (and my GNU make manual is at work), but this should give you enough
to work with.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |
Debian GNU/Linux                |   Never attribute to malice that which can