Re: XFree86 4.0.2 status

On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 10:45:52AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:

> If the alpha or m68k people are having compile-time problems, I haven't
> heard a peep out of anyone about it.
It built just fine on m68k, but it does not work. I asked other m68k people
to try it out, but there was no response I remember, so I do not know its a
problem only on my machine, but I think its generic.
Remember the libpci problem? I could not start hacking a workaround, since
it fails before that step now, when starting X, it
breaks/crashes/you-name-it when trying to load the libbitmap module. I
posted the error message on debian-x (for 4.0.1-something?), its still the
same error. Even with glibc2.2, and maybe also gcc-2.95.3. I would check
again with 4.0.2-2 if you release it, but I don't expect any magic
improvements to happen. No answer from Egbert. Looks like a deadlock to me.

> I'd really like XFree86 4.x to go into testing.  But it's not going happen
> until these 3 architectures build it.
I could upload the debs just to please you/get X into testing, but it might
break lots of m68k installations. Or maybe not, perhaps noone is running
woody/testing/unstable/you-name-it on m68k? Shall I upload those debs?

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/