Re: boot floppies on the mac

On Sat, Apr 08, 2000 at 03:23:25PM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> You'll have to create a particular set of subdirectories on your HFS
> partiton:
Right. Until monday. I got a complete set ready, will upload monday, it
would take >2h from here..

> > I set the kernel(penguin 17) to linuxmac and ram disk to rootmac.bin and
> > changed
if you want penguin18, somebody should tar it up, create a working config
(the kernel will be called linux, not linuxmac) and make it available to
me.

> That'll be the same error as the one I had with the Atari stuff - we need
> a chown -R root.root lib/modules/ here as well, Christian.
Ahem, I dont like that. In fact, for Atari I built a new kernel-iamge (which
you promised to test) with correct permssions. We need a working
kernel-image in the archive anyway, so lets rebuild it. Can you do that
on kullervo? Ah, root access... if you give me the source, I will try that,
or can it only be built on macs? Im not sure which special patches are
needed for macs, otherwise I would try right now.

> I'm amazed that it goes so well on a Q950.
Yeah, cool. So we will get many new helpers soon? ;-)

Christian