Re: new boot-floppies (Was: Re: Install with new potato boot-floppies)

"Christian T. Steigies" wrote:

>  On Mon, Apr 03, 2000 at 06:05:43PM +0000, John K. Stevenson wrote:
> > 68K-People of linux:
> >       Is there a howto on making the boot-floppies?
> install the boot-floppies package and read the readme. Dont wonder when it
> does not work out of the box, but it should be good enough to create the
> rescue disc and base.tgz.

Will do!

> where did you get tftplilo from? Is it in some package? Which? I need that
> to complete the build...

I used Nick Holgate's excellent package:

ftp://sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk/packages/Linux I'll put them to good use.
/debian/dists/slink/main/source/admin/m68k-vme-tftplilo_1.0.0-1.tar.gz

> > Thanks for the 2.2.10 boot-floppies, I'll put them to good use.

> I just put a new version up on
>  http://www.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/boot-floppies/

Thanks, VME-Debian-Linux is getting a lot of interest, with a "zillion"
68K cards
out there, more interest should be expected.

> which might actually work on amiga, maybe also atari and mac.
> For Amiga, Ive used the icon provided by Massimo (I guess the top drawer is
> invisible, will fix that next time...). Just download base2_2.tgz and
> [amiga|atari|mac]install.tgz and go. The macinstall file might not be
> complete, please tell me whats needed to go in. Also it uses penguin16, do I
> have to take penguin17 from the slink CDs? Or anything newer? Any needs to
> be adapted then? Somebody who wants Mac to be supported in potato please
> sort this out and put it all into a tgz file.
> The VME stuff is totally unsorted, no idea what has to go where, there was
> no hint in the bf scripts... but it should be all available on tha page, in
> bits and pieces. Some thing as for the Mac goes here...
>
> BTW new xfree (3.3.6-6) is in incoming.
>
> BTW2 I dropped lha completely. Will use tgz for the install files, yes
> Michael I was serious when I said lha is the reason for the boot-floppies to
> live in contrib. Do you know any other reason?
> lha 1.50r can not extract lha files created with linux, I do not want to
> install new software nowe on my amiga, aminet germany is down... Install tar
> on your amiga, dunno where I got mine from (Geek Gadgets?) but it works
> fine, even with compressed files. Same for Atari users.
>
> Christian
> --
> Read the FAQ!                     http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html
> Download the FAQ!   ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/Linux/680x0/FAQ/FAQ.gz
> WHERE IS MY XF86CONFIG?????   http://www.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k-faq

John K. Stevenson, Motorola Tempe. (602) 438-3961 (FAX 602-438-6140)
JStevens@phx.mcd.mot.com  Tempe. AZ
Pager: 1738917@skytel.com,  800-759-8888 pin 1738917