Re: Install with new potato boot-floppies

Hi,
On Sat, Apr 01, 2000 at 10:08:10PM +0100, Thomas Sjölin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just tried to install with the new Potato boot-floppies (2.2.10) and I
> haven't succeeded.
>
> The first error I encountered was this:
>
> Error loading the keymap /amiga/amiga-se.bmp from /etc/keymaps.tgz
>
> the same happened with amiga-us.
know problem, hopefully that is fixed inthe new boot-floppies, when my amiga
decides once to not crash in a day for a change...

> The next problem occured with resc1440amiga.bin. At first I thought I only
> had to rename it to rescue.bin but that didn't help. Then I had to create a
> directory-tree with Amiga/images-1.44 under the debian-directory but that
> didn't help either. I copied files here and there, both resc*.bin and
> drivers.tgz to try different locations. Finally it seemed like every file
You have to move them to some directory, the install procedure tells you
where it expects them. Know problem, the build did not complete in moveing
the files into the correct places. Hopfully... you know the story ;-)

> was found but then this error occured:
>
> The attempt to extract Rescue Floppy from disk failed.
Why did it fail? loop mount filesystem failed? Known problem... I bult a new
kernel image with loop compiled in. did not manage to give the bf another
try with this kernel..
The new (amiga) image is in incoming, since its the first 2.2.10 version, it
will take some time to get installed. If you mange to downloa it from an
incoming mirror... but I doubt that you could install with that, since the
modules changed a bit...

> I wonder if I have collected all files that I need and put them in the right
> place.
>
> The files I got was these: base2_2.tgz, driversamiga.tgz, keymaps.tgz,
> modulesamiga.tgz, linuxamiga, resc1440amiga.bin root1440amiga.bin,
> sys_mapamiga.gz
>
> Though, I haven't tried the smaller rootamiga.bin, is that the one I should
> use?
you use the rootamiga.bin for the initial boot? I think thats what I did,
well, cant check, since the harddisks have to be checked after the lastest
crash... no idea why there are two root* files, maybe it does not matter
which you use, the 1440 or for floppies, allthough HD floppies are barely
supported on amiga, the are probably in DOS format... ask on debian-boot if
you want that explained.

I am trying to build an atari image, then Ill try to build news bfs. Maybe I
can fix the remaining problems.... and put up a new version on monday.

Christian