Re: new boot-floppies (Was: Re: Install with new potato boot-floppies)

this email is only relative to mac users most likely.

> http://www.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/boot-floppies/
>which might actually work on amiga, maybe also atari and mac.
I'll test them for the mac later(only can test on a 68040) when I have a
bit more time(read tommorow or day after tommorow)

Also, do the boot floppies support network install for PPP?(i know that
boot floppies support instlation about a pre-established network for
downloading files...works quite nicely for me on a PPC)

>Just download base2_2.tgz and
>[amiga|atari|mac]install.tgz and go. The macinstall file might not be
>complete, please tell me whats needed to go in. Also it uses penguin16, do I
>have to take penguin17 from the slink CDs? Or anything newer? Any needs to
>be adapted then? Somebody who wants Mac to be supported in potato please
>sort this out and put it all into a tgz file.

no idea what exactly a tgz file is unless it is a tar file and gzip file
combined into one.  Also, is Penguin18 not considered stable currnetly?  If
it is i'd suggest using Penguin 18 seeing as how it is generally easier to
configure

Some thing as for the Mac goes here...

Weirdo				"I need 5 ccs of
(Clay Ginsburg)			people stat " - anonymous
clay@bellaire.org		AIM: Weird82 icq: 4402648