Re: test boot-floppies (2.2.21) for m68k available

"Christian T. Steigies" wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 01:31:39AM -0500, Ray Knight wrote:
>
> > Changing the execute bit doesn't change the output.  If I enter the
> > amiboot command from a prompt instead of using the StartInstall as
> > follows:
> >
> > Games2:debian/amiga> amiboot-5.6 -d -k linux -r root.bin root=/dev/ram
> >
> > Hit the return key.  Nothing happens.  Hit the return key again and the
> > following message appears:
> >
> > object not found
> > CD failed returncode 20
> >
> > What exactly is amiboot?  Is it a script or an executable?  The
> > documentation assumes that StartInstall will always execute properly, so
> > what does one do when it doesn't?
> Its an executable. When its on a CD it will execute properly, if you have a
> potato/m68k (or slink/m68k) CD1 at hand, use that, maybe the file is
> corrupt. You could also get it from any debian mirror in the disks-m68k
> section (without the executable bit, that bit is set by the cd creation
> scripts). You might as well get an amigainstall.tgz|lha archive (lha is only
> on my potato page) and unpack that. Permissions should be ok then. Or you
> get the original amiboot plus readme, ie from:
>   ftp.uni-erlangen.de:/pub/Linux/680x0/v2.1/boot

Well I can't use a CD as I don't have a driver for the Amiga.  I
unpacked the entire bf-amiga_2.2.21_m68k.tar.gz file to the AFFS
partition under Linux on a Mac.  I guess I could pull the drive, install
it on the Mac and copy the files from my potato CD, but I was trying to
test the 2.2.21 install for you.

> If that still does not help, I think you have to read the FAQ. Are you sure
> you have all the required files in the right place (linux, root.bin)?
> There should happen something when you enter amiboot and press return. Oh
> my, thats what happens when you give Mac users a shell... ;-)

O.K. no need for the Mac users a shell statement.  I have never really
used MacOS.  I run Linux on all my Macs, a Sparc2, and HP9000/340, and
numerous PC's.  I have used command lines on Unix, Linux, DOS, and VMS
since 1984 so your statement doesn't fit.  I am just not familiar with
the Amiga OS.

Is there a freely available ISO9660 filesystem driver for the Amiga OS?
This would sure help me.

--
Ray Knight
audilvr@speakeasy.org