Re: test boot-floppies (2.2.21) for m68k available

On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 01:31:39AM -0500, Ray Knight wrote:

> Changing the execute bit doesn't change the output.  If I enter the
> amiboot command from a prompt instead of using the StartInstall as
> follows:
>
> Games2:debian/amiga> amiboot-5.6 -d -k linux -r root.bin root=/dev/ram
>
> Hit the return key.  Nothing happens.  Hit the return key again and the
> following message appears:
>
> object not found
> CD failed returncode 20
>
> What exactly is amiboot?  Is it a script or an executable?  The
> documentation assumes that StartInstall will always execute properly, so
> what does one do when it doesn't?
Its an executable. When its on a CD it will execute properly, if you have a
potato/m68k (or slink/m68k) CD1 at hand, use that, maybe the file is
corrupt. You could also get it from any debian mirror in the disks-m68k
section (without the executable bit, that bit is set by the cd creation
scripts). You might as well get an amigainstall.tgz|lha archive (lha is only
on my potato page) and unpack that. Permissions should be ok then. Or you
get the original amiboot plus readme, ie from:
  ftp.uni-erlangen.de:/pub/Linux/680x0/v2.1/boot

If that still does not help, I think you have to read the FAQ. Are you sure
you have all the required files in the right place (linux, root.bin)?
There should happen something when you enter amiboot and press return. Oh
my, thats what happens when you give Mac users a shell... ;-)

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/potato