Re: test boot-floppies (2.2.21) for m68k available

"Christian T. Steigies" wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 26, 2000 at 09:09:04PM -0500, Ray Knight wrote:
>
> > I get the following when clicking the StartInstall icon on either Amiga:
> >
> > EXECUTE: Invalid directive
> > Error -1
> Probaby amiboot is not executable, that flag always get lots on linux..
> chmod +x amiboot-5.6 if you have ADE installed. How was that in amiga speak?
> protect amiboot-5.6 +e or something, I don't remember.

Changing the execute bit doesn't change the output.  If I enter the
amiboot command from a prompt instead of using the StartInstall as
follows:

Games2:debian/amiga> amiboot-5.6 -d -k linux -r root.bin root=/dev/ram

Hit the return key.  Nothing happens.  Hit the return key again and the
following message appears:

object not found
CD failed returncode 20

What exactly is amiboot?  Is it a script or an executable?  The
documentation assumes that StartInstall will always execute properly, so
what does one do when it doesn't?

--
Ray Knight
audilvr@speakeasy.org