Re: removing xdm

http://moneytalks.giftworldnet.com/

> Moses:
>
> run xf86config.  This will create a new XF86Config file in the /etc/X11
> directory.

There is no such program with 68k version.

> It's here in this file that you can tweak screens. Read the help files
> associated with this file. I take it X is running?

yes

 Does the mouse work?

yes

> If you want startx to work, you may have to remove and reinstall the basic
> this file. The needed files are listed.

I might need to edit the startx script to find what is causing X to exit.
xinit works, but does not launch any apps other than a "Login" shell. From
there I can launch twm and start some other programs,  I tried gnome but it
could not find a shared resource libwraster.so.1.

Regards
--
MosesPro --> Money Talks Enterprises

http://www.angelfire.com/ia/mosespro, ICQ-13469530, AIM-Wolfy2264
A3000D, Warp040/40, Spectrum, ASDG Xserial, Nexus, 2+64 Fast+8 DMA(RAD:),
9+1.2gig SCSI2, Zip100 and  Pinnacle 2X CDR/W; Running Hot with OS3.5 and
Scalos1.2! Emulating MacOS7.61 and Win3.11WFW, Debian68k, X is next.