Re: MVME172 problems

On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 04:13:01PM +0000, Dave Newbold wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am fairly taken with the idea of getting m68k linux installed on our
> MVME172 VME board. Alas, I am having grievous trouble with getting
> Debian potato to work properly with an ext2 filesystem.
>
> I tried an 'out of the box' install, and it quickly became clear that
> there were major problems with filesystem corruption. It turns out that
> there are well-known ext2 problems in the stock 2.2.10 kernel, which
> would explain this. It all works fine if I use an NFS-mounted root
> filesystem.

those problems afaik never affected anyone on m68k. I did run 2.2.10 for
some time without such problems.

> Does anyone have experience of this problem, or suggestions for a
> solution? Is there source available for an m68k version of (e.g.) 2.2.16
> anywhere?

I am running 2.2.6 which seems very stable wrt filesystem, it has
some bugs which will not affect average use. I have tried 2.2.16
from the mac CVS but it is horribly slow and some people had
problems with it.

Bye
Richard