WG: Potato and NOVA Graphicscard on an ATARI Falcon with Afterbur ner

Hi Tobias,

yesterday I did some tests with the 2.2.10 kernel and the same things
happened as you already found out.
X11 boots with the Falcon standard video modes when I use the -s parameter
within bootargs. When I load the kernel into fastram it crashes when xdm is
started.
With the -s option and the NOVA card the kernel crashes too.
Well, it seems that this kernel has the same problems  on an afterburner as
the old 2.0.36 kernel.
When I used the old standard 2.0.36 kernel I couldn't get X running in
fastram but after I built my own kernel without 68020, 68030, 68040
optimizations I could get X running.
So the only cure seems to be to start linux with the standard kernel without
X or with X but with standard Falcon screen resolutions and to build your
own afterburner compatible kernel.

Good luck and tell us what happened

Tschuess,

Frank

P.S.: I think it is also a Debian issue because I believe that there should
be a special afterburner kernel in the Debian distribution

Hello Frank,

i used the original kernel from the debian ftp site.
which kernel works with the nova and an afterburner.
where can i get one?
befor i have installed the potato there was an older Delta Labs Dist. on the
machine, with an special compiled kernel, i found on t. kruses homepage.
now, when i use this kernel, the kernel is unable to mount the filesystem,
but this old distr. with the old kernel worked with X11. why is the old
kernel unable to mount the filesystem?