Re: 68040 buserror patch

> Moin,
> On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 09:00:03PM +0200, Roman Zippel wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> >
> > > I get an oops on my 060 Amiga: http://www.debian.org/~cts/oops.out
> > > But maybe its not related to this patch? I do suspect the gvp11 driver, but
> > > I can not see a hint in the oops... anybody with an idea?
> >
> > A crash at that place is really strange, it seems to be the timer
> > interrupt, no idea why it suddenly should crash here. Is it repeatable?
> Yes, it crashed there twice, and I booted the kernel twice. Only it takes
> 4-12 hours until the crash comes. Yesterday I booted a kernel without this
> patch, it is running since 24 hours without problems (not even the usual
> eth0 timeouts with aridane2) and I have built two kernel-images during that
> time.
> Anything special I could test?

you could test the same patch with a diferent kernel version. Btw how did
you compile, 68060-only? If not try so, in that case only the changes
in mm/fault.c could matter. Even if you had 68040 support compiled in
that would only add the little change in entry.S - but if some of your
progs is returning from a signal handler with a type 7 exception frame
than you have other problems so this code snippet is not a likely candidate.

Btw can you send me a diff of m68k/mm/*.c m68k/kernel/*.[cS] say 2.2.10->2.2.16?
Perhaps something else changed here that mixes badly with my patch.

Bye
Richard