Re: 68040 buserror patch

On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 03:15:33PM +0200, Richard Zidlicky wrote:
> you could test the same patch with a diferent kernel version. Btw how did
> you compile, 68060-only? If not try so, in that case only the changes
No, its for all processors, has to be as potential new kernel-image for
debian. The config is here: http://non-us.debian.org/~cts/config.amiga

> in mm/fault.c could matter. Even if you had 68040 support compiled in
> that would only add the little change in entry.S - but if some of your
> progs is returning from a signal handler with a type 7 exception frame
> than you have other problems so this code snippet is not a likely candidate.
And my machine be up for over a day with 2.2.16 without this patch is pure
coincidence? Its been doing the same things,. building a kernel image...
Weirdo... will you be in OL?

> Btw can you send me a diff of m68k/mm/*.c m68k/kernel/*.[cS] say 2.2.10->2.2.16?
> Perhaps something else changed here that mixes badly with my patch.
I will have a look at home.

Christian