Re: 68040 buserror patch

On   7 Oct, this message from Andrew McPherson echoed through cyberspace:
> On Sat, 7 Oct 2000, Michel Lanners wrote:
>> On   6 Oct, this message from Andrew McPherson echoed through cyberspace:
>> >>

>> > OK, I applied the patch and it seems to work. ypbind runs now. :) I put up
>> > a kernel at ftp://macduff.dhs.org/pub/cvs/vmlinux-2.2.16-100500.gz. I'll
>> > commit the patch to CVS shortly.
>>
>> Though your kernel does run, it locks up on my Performa 475 after some
>> time (of inactivity?).
>>

> Hmmm.... that's not good at all. Question: Does your Performa still have a
> 68LC040 processor, or does it have a full 68040?

Regular 68040. Got it at work out of an old Texas Instruments Unix box
;-)

> Of course, if you have a regular 68040, then we've got a larger problem.
> :( It works on my 660AV quite nicely. I'd appreciate further feedback from
> 68(LC)040 owners on this to decide whether or not we should pull it from
> CVS.

I'll go about compiling kernels myself next. Anybody got experience in
cross-compiling m68k kernels on PPC? Do these kernels actaully work?

Cross-compiling should be a lot faster ;-), and I've got a
cross-compiler installed (gcc 2.95.something, IIRC).

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |