Re: m68k install

On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 02:24:31PM +0200, Nicolas Toniazzi wrote:
> Hello, there!
> Many thanks to you who helped me resolving my first problem (the ramdisk).
> I have another little problem (one wasn't enough, maybe) for installing the
> debian m68k linux edition on my quadra 650.
which version, potato I hope?

> The installation starts, the drivers are unpacked, and I'm asked to enter the
> path to the BASE...tgz file. OK. Then is something with the "Archive" folder
> path. I don't know what it is and give the same. The installer starts unpacking
> the BASE file, and...
> "Aiee, killing interrupt handler
> Kernel Panic : Attempted to kill the idle task!
> In interrupt handler - not syncing."
Can you please tell us _exactly_ what is written on your screen, how you
configured Penguin and how often you read the macinstall.txt?
Did you use a CD for installation or did you download macinstall.tgz, if,
did you unpack it correctly (with the right software)?

I hope you don't mind adding your questions and answers to the potato FAQ.
So please somebody give a good explanation for whats wrong.

Christian
--
http://www.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/potato