Re: XF86Config

On Sun, Aug 20, 2000 at 09:01:29PM -0400, Mark wrote:
> I am running Red Hat on an Amiga 2000 with the standard amiga monitor in
> NTSC-LACE mode.  I need the exact configuration of the XF86Config file
> for this machine because XConfigurator on this release seems to get it
> wrong and refuses to launch X, complaining about video configurations.
> Can someone with standard amiga video output please send their file as
> text?
You might find what you need in this file:
you have to edit it for the number of colors you want to use, see Screen
section and comments in the file near the end of the file. Basically I think
you have to change only this:
   DefaultColorDepth 8
    SubSection "Display"
        Depth       8
replace the "8" by "4" (or whatever number of bits you want to use).