Re: New nubus ethernet thread

Russell Hires wrote:

> I needed something to differentiate from the current discussion about Nubus
> ethernet.
>
> So, this is what my ethernet card says on it (on the various chips, I mean):
> One says "Sonic-T" Another says "Texas Instruments"
> and there's one that says "Valor". The card itself says "Apple Ethernet NB
> Twisted pair card C 1993" It's in a Nubus slot, and works in the Mac
> OS...I'm also using kernel vmlinux-2.2.14-070300.gz. I don't get any message
> about any other ethernet card being detected upon boot, and ifconfig eth1
> doesn't find anything.
>
> How can I make the kernel (or whatever else it is) recognize that card? By
> all indications, it should work.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Russell

You say eth1, therefore I assume that you have another Ethernet card in
the system as well. What is the other card?  What happens if you remove
the other card?  I've never tried two ethernet cards in the Mac that
rely on the same driver so I don't know if it works.  I'll have to test
that myself sometime.

--
Ray Knight
audilvr@speakeasy.org