Re: New nubus ethernet thread

Russell:

All I've gotten to work in Linux is Asante's and cabletron's running out of a
Nubus slot.
I've gott a few extra of each. They only work with the BNC connection, though,
that I know of.
Do you have any that work out of the RJ45 slot?

Do any variations of the kernel in Potato have more kernel support for more
ethernet cards?

hank

> So, this is what my ethernet card says on it (on the various chips, I mean):
> One says "Sonic-T" Another says "Texas Instruments"
> and there's one that says "Valor". I don't get any message
> about any other ethernet card being detected upon boot, and ifconfig eth1
> doesn't find anything.
>
> How can I make the kernel (or whatever else it is) recognize that card? By
> all indications, it should work.
> _its_ (no apostrophe) means "the thing that it owns"
> _it's_ (with apostrophe) means "it is"

"Do you hve a copy of Spott's?"