Re: Potato Installation Report

> I was not trying to install any packages but could not find a way out of
> the apt installation section apart from resetting manually.  On startup of
> Potato mod probe reported missing files and no /etc/resolv.conf file I
> don't know if this is crucial.

What did you try to escape from the install section?

The missing files I don't know, please send a copy of the error messages.
resolv.conf should have been set up by the installer, this sounds like you
omitted the network config step. Create /etc/resolv.conf manually (at
least the line 'nameserver <ip address>' is required), otherwise you will
have trouble finding any hosts on the network.

> If I edit the etc/rc2.d will this enable me to get to the login prompt ?

Don't muck with any of the rc scripts unless you know exactly what you're
doing. On the second to fifth consoles there should be a login prompt
waiting for you already.