Potato Installation Report

Here is what happened to me.

Downloaded macinstall and base from debian ftp site this weekend.
Installation went smoothly using Penguin 17 .  Was not able to get Penguin
18 to work.  I have the log files if they may be of use.

I was not trying to install any packages but could not find a way out of
the apt installation section apart from resetting manually.  On startup of
Potato mod probe reported missing files and no /etc/resolv.conf file I
don't know if this is crucial.

If I edit the etc/rc2.d will this enable me to get to the login prompt ?

On the whole pretty painless.  Christian are you accepting any amendement
to the install guide ? I think I have figured out how to make a diff !

Regards