Penguin Booter

Hmmm...now that I'm actually using the software everybody keeps commenting
on, I have an observation or two:

1. For those that have trouble with the Penguin-18, have you tried to use it
with extensions off? I don't know why Penguin-17 needed to have the
extensions off in the first place, but I'm very pleased to see that having
extensions off is not required in Penguin-18.

2. I love the interface! It's a lot less convoluted and crowded. Much better
organization.

3. I now understand the confusion about the lack of a prefs file. On the one
hand, it makes sense if you don't know where you're going to put everything
(or where the user is going to put everything), also it's good because it
forces you to think about where everything is on your hard drive. On the
other hand, if the user follows directions (which they should be), then this
is just extra work. I go with the first set of arguements, though.

Russell

PS I'm getting farther with the installer on my Quadra 700!