Now that I've got a decent system...

I did an ftp install using dselect. I didn't use the defaults that
originally came with dselect (in terms of where to get the install files), I
chose instead (through a process of trial and error) to use the
/debian/dists/potato/main/ directory, and using the "all" option installed a
bunch of stuff on my Quadra 610.

My question is this: how do I tell what's been installed versus what hasn't
been installed? I know what dselect tells me, but I don't know if it can
tell what's in the /debian/dists/potato/main and on (or not on) my computer.
In other words, can it compare what the differences are in what I've got
installed and what's in that directory?

And another thing: is it possible to get an idea of how many MB the software
is in /debian/dists/potato/main? Maybe I can use that to determine at the
very least how much more I can safely install without using up all of my
disk space (approx. 500 MB still free).

Thanks for any help you can offer...

Russell