Re: Install program problem.

On Fri, Jan 14, 2000 at 07:27:50PM +0100, Enrico Cera wrote:
> Hi I'm Enrico; I'm trying to install debian in my system, PowerBook 520
> (M68LC040), but I have a problem. The booting sequence is ok, no error
      ^- no FPU?
> messages but when the install program start the machine halt: blank screen
> with the title "Debian 68K install...." and the cursor blinking at the half
> of the screen. What is the problem? In my opinion the kernel file is ok and
> the problem is in the root.bin file; there is an ftp site where I can find
> other files like root.bin if the problem is that? Thanks, and sorry for the
root.bin is root.bin, unless the file got corrupted during download. You can
probably check the md5sums. But oh, you have a MAC...

> wrong english :)))
whats wrong with your english? a "s" missing here and there, but you can
blame your keyboard for that, I allways do ;-)

If the missing FPU is you problem, you need another kernel, but I am sure
the Mac Wizards will answer that. You might also want to read the list
archives, I think it has been discussed several times.
--
Christian