Re: FW: Postscript on Kyocera FS1700

> Actually, no.
>
> I mention appletalk simply to say that on a mac network, the printer prints
> postscript fine--so that's not the problem.

Ok, but it's still a Localtalk connected printer, right?

> I'm sending the data over a rewired *serial* cable (changed to crossover).
> When sending postscript-a blank page. When setting the printer to HPLJ4+
> emulation, I get the raw postscript code printing out.

The printer might be 'smart' enough to figure that if someone sends it
data the good old asynchronous serial interface way, it's probably not a
Mac so it's not going to be postscript. Or you'll need to send a ^D after
the job, or turn all linefeeds into carriage returns, or swallow them all.

> One option is to reset APSFilter to try HPLJ4 output. Is there a way to
> access the setup script contained within the debian package? It seems as
> though this is not placed in the setup directory when installation is
> finished.

See dpkg-deb -h for options on this tool. The -e option should create a
DEBIAN directory with the postinst shell script in it, this script runs
after installation.

But the script should be present on your system, see the output of
ls -l /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.postinst ...