Re: Postscript on Kyocera FS1700

Michael,

It's turned out to be a problem with APSFilter.

The printer is smart enough to accept data via any of its interfaces
(Appletalk, serial or parallel). I could cat a postscript file to the serial
port and it would print.

The solution turned out to be installing the APSFilter package from potato
(I'm on slink). With the updated scripts, all went fine. It seems as though
the name of the input file was being lost along the way somehow, so only an
empty postscript shell was being generated.

Is this something that needs to be reported as a bug?

Nigel.