Re: Y2K

On Tue, Jan 04, 2000 at 09:43:01PM +0100, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > > That's a message from hwclock and means the system call to set the system
> > > time failed. It does this on Mac especially because the kernel doesn't
> > > know how to set the time. If your problem wasn't on a Mac, there would be
> > > another problem either in the kernel or in hwclock.
> >
> > I´m using an Amiga2000. Yesterday I installed the Administration-package on
what is the adminisration package?
> > a new HD, the message keeps coming up, but the time is set right.
> > Maybe a problem with the kernel.
>
> Christian sure knows more about Amiga hwclock problems than I. In case
> he's not on this list anymore I CC to his Debian address.
Unfortunately, I am still there...
As I said in the first mail in this thread, I had only a temporary problem
with hwclock. Seems it fixed itself in potato and its working with slink
also, maybe because potato has fixed the problem, I dont know. I also said,
I would not want to set the date back and try it with slink only.
No idea what your problems are, I cant (dont want to) test it, as I dont
have that problem anymore... as to what you can do, well, use your
imagination, download the source (util-linux) and play with it. Set the time
back to 1999, boot linux, wait till it rolls over to 2000 and try hwclock
then. Or set the time back under linux to 1999, write it to the hwclock,
then read it again. Do I have to list every option that comes to my mind?
Just try it...

And no, I dont know more about hwclock, I only made the new versions work on
my A2k with a little help from my friends. The source is not that hard to
understand, use it.

Christian
--
Read the FAQ!                     http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html
Download the FAQ!   ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/Linux/680x0/FAQ/FAQ.gz