Re: Y2K

> > That's a message from hwclock and means the system call to set the system
> > time failed. It does this on Mac especially because the kernel doesn't
> > know how to set the time. If your problem wasn't on a Mac, there would be
> > another problem either in the kernel or in hwclock.
>
> I´m using an Amiga2000. Yesterday I installed the Administration-package on
> a new HD, the message keeps coming up, but the time is set right.
> Maybe a problem with the kernel.

Christian sure knows more about Amiga hwclock problems than I. In case
he's not on this list anymore I CC to his Debian address.

> May I ask a question about Potato? It´s in frozen-state now? When will it
> be released?

My standard answer: when it's ready. I've heard about a freeze being
scheduled this month but I've no idea if it's already there. The build
machine is busy cranking out packages recompiled with glibc 2.1 so that
should eventually be ready but I've no idea what the status of potato
boot-floppies is. I installed a prerelease of the base system on Atari
already a few months back and it works fine but there was no install
system for Amiga, Atari and VME at that time. I don't really speculate
about a release before I have tested the install a few times which I
couldn't.