more on the serial ports

Monday, October 26 1998 23:01, wb2oyc <wb2oyc@bellatlantic.net> wrote to Udo
van den Heuvel:

 >> setserial can also display what ports are detected, the status, etc. Is
 >> the info displayed this way the same every time setserial is run?

 wo> Well, yes, so far as I've seen and recall.  But what it says is really
 wo> not valid I don't believe, since it gives the I/O address as all
 wo> zeroes, and the IRQ also!

Hmmmz.

 wo> It doesn't know what the UART is, because
 wo> its not a UART in a Mac. So the info is useless, really, as far as I
 wo> can see.

Do we know for sure that setserial actually writes settings to the ports?
If it does work OK for writing we could use starting setserial multiple times
to fix the serial port initialization problem?

 wo> The kernel does see both ports at boot.

With correct I/O and IRQ, I presume?

Greetz,
        Udo