Re: KDE 1.0 m68k? gnome 0.20 m68k? Gimp m68k?

"Stefan Gybas" <cab@studbox.uni-stuttgart.de> writes:

> Martin Steigerwald <steigerw@stud.uni-frankfurt.de> wrote:
>
> > Will there be debian packages for above software?
>
> I once compiled all KDE packages but soon noticed that KDE is way too
> slow even on an 060 - so I don't see a need for KDE on m68k. Gnome
> is not stable yet and is probably also too slow.

On my CV64-3D it was fast enough. On AGA-8Bit it would be slow, but
everything is slow with AGA-8 Bit. Maybe theres no need for it (I
don't use it as well), but there is demand for it.

> Gimp 1.0 is availabe in hamm for m68k.
>
> > I installed the current debian packages but some of the installed
> > stuff like the kwm and AFAIR also the panel of KDE references some
> > directory /opt/kde.
>
> This is a bug in the old KDE packages.

Yep, didn't hapen with the one I tried, which I think is still current
for hamm.

> > and thus I like to tell something about KDE and gnome on m68k.
>
> There is only one thing to tell: There are too slow to work with them.

Can't second that.

By the way, do you have a network card? Maybe two? They seem to slow
down the system a lot.

May the Source be with you.
			Mrvn