Re: KDE 1.0 m68k? gnome 0.20 m68k? Gimp m68k?

Martin Steigerwald <steigerw@stud.uni-frankfurt.de> wrote:

> Will there be debian packages for above software?

I once compiled all KDE packages but soon noticed that KDE is way too
slow even on an 060 - so I don't see a need for KDE on m68k. Gnome
is not stable yet and is probably also too slow.

Gimp 1.0 is availabe in hamm for m68k.

> I installed the current debian packages but some of the installed
> stuff like the kwm and AFAIR also the panel of KDE references some
> directory /opt/kde.

This is a bug in the old KDE packages.

> and thus I like to tell something about KDE and gnome on m68k.

There is only one thing to tell: There are too slow to work with them.

--
Stefan Gybas