Re: Mac Quadra

"Christian T. Steigies" <exp114@physik.uni-kiel.de> writes:

> On 2 Jul 1998, Brederlow wrote:
>
> > Get lost and stop that private war of yours.
> Yeah, Goswin, give it to him. Now this is too much. He is the guy who is
> doing the MAC support you and your "company" are promising the innocent
> user. How about makeing a mailing list for "your" linux and directing your
> users over there? And then u get lost here...

Eagle has a mailinglist, and the Eagle users are directed there. I
just try to be helpfull.

> > I heard of stupid people doing "format c:" on their PC, but that has
> > nothing to do with the Linux installation process. Stupidity is OS independant.
> I also heard of stupid people on this list before... shall I dig it out?
>
> > For Amiga Partitioning under Linux is dangerous and need at least a
> > reboot afterwards. Partitioning under AmigaOS is save and doesnt need
> > the reboot. I think the same can be said for Mac, where the fdisk is
> > also beta.
> Doesnt need a reboot? I wouldnt bet on that, AFAIR my SCSI tools reboot
> after partitioning, under AmigaOS. But perhaps you are using egalOS with
> better tools? What a pitty that other users will never see it.

You dont need to reboot after partitioning, starting linux is enough,
since thats pretty equivalent to a reboot.

> > May the Source be with you.
> Were is the source?

On the CD's and on ftp.

> Angry,
> Christian.

Sorry that you are angry, but I just can't hear those: "Oh your
working with Eagle linux, what do I care what you say/do."

MFG,
			Mrvn