Date: 02 Jul 1998 11:56:10 +0200
From: Brederlow <goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de>
To: "Christian T. Steigies" <exp114@physik.uni-kiel.de>
Subject: Re: Mac Quadra

"Christian T. Steigies" <exp114@physik.uni-kiel.de> writes:

> On 2 Jul 1998, Brederlow wrote:
>
> > Get lost and stop that private war of yours.
> Yeah, Goswin, give it to him. Now this is too much. He is the guy who is
> doing the MAC support you and your "company" are promising the innocent
> user. How about makeing a mailing list for "your" linux and directing your
> users over there? And then u get lost here...

[snip]

Do you remember the time Oberland (I think it was them) announced an
Amiga Linux. Everybody screamed and Eagle got blamed for it. (We
didn't have anything to do with that Linux).
The People on this list where pretty clear that Linux m68k is Linux
m68k and runs on all those Platforms (more or less).

Eagle has done a Amiga Linux Distribution and calls it m68k and not
Amiga, because the linux m68k community wanted it. We try to support
other m68k archs as good as we can, but we just have no Mac to test
and only one Atari, we got recently. You might think that Eagle wants
to rip off innocent Atari and Mac users, but the opposite is the
case. Eagle was practically forced to support those archs and we try
to do our best to help our users.

What makes me angry is the attitude of some people that Eagle Linux
has nothing to do with Linux m68k or Debian, so anything Goswin says
is irrelevant and bogus, especially from people who can't even spell
Eagl right, but spell it Egal (was that wordplay I wonder?) and have
certainly never seen or tested it. (Nothing against you, just others)

			Mrvn
---------- End of Forwarded message ----------
Just one comment. I am a little proud, that I invented this misspelling
(anybody want to correct me there?) and I am very amused that you can´t
spell it either. But your english seems to have improved, grats.

One more comment, when you don´t have a MAC to test, why the hell do you
give comments on MAC specific questions? I´m not a MAC expert either, but if
I ever want to buy a MAC, I´d ask Michael for comments first.

This is the end of this (of any) MAC thread for me. Perhaps I should
unsubscribe from this list, it doesn´t make much sense to me anymore...

Consider me gone,
Christian.