RE: Afterburner: SCSI is not the problem

Hi,

>That puts us back to the 'unspecified Afterburner mystery' square. Ok,
>did you try the patch for ST-RAM cache mode already? If that doesn't help,
No not yet... I will try it this weekend - hope it works!

>remove the if (physaddr < 16MEG) to make all RAM noncacheable to sort out
cache
>problems (well, this would also slow down the kernel a lot and solve
possible
>timing problems but it's all we can do now).
Alright.
Perhaps I should load the kernel to TT-RAM?

>Haven't seen that prompt, ever. Looks like booting single user, how did
you get
Yes looked like that!

>there? Can't be booting the ramdisk anymore ...
No was after unpacking the base system. But the configuration failed
already.... I guess the same problem....

>We had a similar problem with atari-fdisk and foreign partition formats - the
>ramdisk aparently doesn't use the libfdisk code yet. Anyway, atari-fdisk
should
>ignore disks without valid partition table (I thought that had been fixed
though
It asks wether the disk is partitioned or not...
if I say "no" the install fails completely, if I say "Yes" it works. But I
have to type it manually...

>- is the CD-ROM case special? Make sure you have the latest ramdisk).
It's the latest ramdisk from ftp.debian.org....

Bye, Thomas

------

Thomas Kruse??????  < >? Telefon:? (+49)2501-276527
Heideggerstrasse 4  < >? Fax:????? (+49)2501-276528
48165 Muenster????  < >
G e r m a n y?????  < >

EMail:???? tkruse@webdiscount.net
Homepage: http://www.webdiscount.net/tkruse/