Re: Uploaded amiga-fdisk 0.03a-1 (source m68k) to master

On Mar 09, Roman Hodek wrote:

> > Any good reason why this package is only Architecture: m68k? I was
> > building the i386 version, and ran into that problem. Should I
> > create an amiga-fdisk-cross like Roman did for atari-fdisk?
>
> -cross packages for other big-endian architectures shouldn't be a
> problem. To make them work on little-endian machines, afdisk must be
> endianess-aware (i.e., use swab() around fields read from/written to
> disk).

Since Amiga-fdisk was developed on an i386, it seems to already be
endianness-aware (I've used it under Linux/Intel to repartition one of my
Amiga hard disks).  So that isn't really the problem; I guess the problem is
that I don't quite understand the intent of the -cross packages.

Chris
|       Chris Lawrence       |                 My home page:                |
|   <quango@ix.netcom.com>   |      http://www.clark.net/pub/lawrencc/      |
|     Amiga A4000/040 and    |    Visit the Lurker's Guide to Babylon 5:    |
|      Linux/m68k 2.1.29     |    <*> http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/ <*>    |