Re: Debian logo/font question

Hi Alison

Thanks, def thinking of incorporating the Swirl in the Debconf logo - have made emends on what we did and found a way to get it in, because it has become synonymous with Debian.
Like the link you sent the swirl works well there!

.... and the diamond haha

Chat soon
Tam

On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 9:25 PM, Allison Randal <allison@lohutok.net> wrote:
On 06/01/2015 07:41 AM, Tammy Manning wrote:
> Hi Bernelle
>
> The Diamond is nice but wouldn't recommend the swirl and the diamond, it
> would be very busy.
> But we are focusing on the Debconf logo not the Debian, so I wouldn't
> use the same font as the Debian logo, it is a bit dated. I think perhaps
> sticking with something fresh and modern.
>
> But I have to agree that the diamond is nicer than the swirl it does
> make more sense than the swirl.

You may find modern Debian styling on the swirl quite a different
matter. Look specifically at the teal box at the top of this page, which
is how the logo appears in the software today:

http://www.debian.org/

We're not obligated to incorporate the Debian swirl into the DebConf
logo, but it is something of a tradition. So think a bit about
modernizing the swirl before dismissing it entirely.

The diamond really has no special significance in Debian, it's just a
font variant in the letter "i". So it's fine to experiment with diamonds
as a design element, but I wouldn't spend much time on them.

Allison

--
MUNGO JOE
Tammy 082 674  9764