Re: Schedule proposals

also sprach Sandro Knauß <bugs@sandroknauss.de> [2014-09-05 22:15 +0200]:
> I think both groups are big, the one group wants to mix hacking
> and presentations the other wants to seperate both things. I don't
> know it a survey helps here.

Well, the survey might show that your assumption is wrong ;)

> The question  that is important, how can we create a DebConf, with
> both groups say: yeah, that was the way I thought :) So maybe we
> should ask how people think about how to make it the best for all.

DC14 had the benefit of having labour day, so the conference could
run for a full 9 days. We cannot do this. We only have 8 days, and
some other conferences have had or will have only 7. At this point,
it just gets too busy to cram hack time into it as well, I think.

So while we should definitely not overfill the schedule and allow
plenty of space, I think we should definitely go for DebCamp…

… because it is unrealistic IMHO to expect *all* our attendees to
take off time from work even in the week before the announced dates,
just because the conference starts early. Let that be limited to
DebCamp attendees.

> The base problem about breakfast and diner and morning talks is
> that the time when people get up is so different - the one start
> their day at 6:30am the other at 2pm. In my expierience alsways in
> the first talk the people are tired, regardless when this starts.
> A stating time between 10 and 11 should be ok for the most.

And those up early can go jogging or start hacking…

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org
      DebConf16 in your country? https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16