post-dinner sessions (was: Schedule proposals)

also sprach Margarita Manterola <margamanterola@gmail.com> [2014-09-05 18:32 +0200]:
> > 19:30   Dinner                    Dinner
> > 21:00   Free time / session slot  Maybe session slot
>
> No, please let's not schedule stuff after dinner. Part of DebConf
> is about socializing and it requires that talks are not happening
> in order to make that possible.

I agree that post-dinner sessions in HD are probably not ideal.

However, at DC14 I found them helpful because they reunited people,
and you could go to dinner with one group of friends and not be
afraid to be stuck with them for the rest of the night ;), because
you won't find anyone else anymore in Portland.

So maybe the best thing to do is to scratch the idea for DC15, but
to keep it in mind for future DebConfs?

Cheers,

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`