Re: RFC DC15 sponsorship brochure

Hello,

We've made some more changes and would like to send the brochure
onwards to dc-team ASAP, so if you have not yet, please take
a moment to look at

  http://scratch.madduck.net/dc15-sb.pdf

and let us know what you would want to see changed.

Below are the changes with links to the diffs.

Three topics are IMHO unresolved:

  1. Allowing sponsors to adopt rooms and DebCamp hack days, which
     doesn't seem to sit well with everyone as it seems to convey
     a strong "commercial" connotation to some.
     (I maintain that the cost-benefit tradeoff is strongly in our
     favour, still)

  2. We are proposing job fair booths and company show-case booths.
     Those have been /generally/ cleared by the venue. The question
     is what the conditions should be. Right now, we allow Gold+
     a showcase booth and Silver+ to rent a job fair booth. Does
     this sound sensible?

  3. Should we impose limits on the job wall postings, like Bronze
     gets 1 A5 page, Silver one A4, Gold 2 A4, Platinum 3 A4, or so?

Here are the changes over yesterday:

  - Thanks to Norman's input, the tax-deductible donations text was
    reworded.
    http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debconf-data/dc15.git/commit/?id=3d1e0828545563b57c6f86dd44b89c7207d716f5

  - The DC6 quote was made timeless by removal of the DC6 reference. ;)
    http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debconf-data/dc15.git/commit/?id=bfdcb605330b08381fb439d9dbc50913fe5e7333

  - We are of course willing to discuss ideas with everyone, not
    just Gold and up.
    http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debconf-data/dc15.git/commit/?id=b09062d01e381bc833c0bb7a2d5a89b1180e3910

  - I shortened Joey Hess' quote a bit to make it more snappy.
    http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debconf-data/dc15.git/commit/?id=5c996b971acf54ef519f13c17252123e034521fe

  - I shortened the additional opportunities list to one page, and
    in doing so, I removed the questionable promise that sponsors
    may say a few words. That's still possible, but no longer
    advertised.
    http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debconf-data/dc15.git/commit/?id=675f7295463ea625e0baf6f293ff701700ad9ebd

  - The text was slightly redacted in places and bold emphasis added
    to make it consistent.
    http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debconf-data/dc15.git/commit/?id=c1ea58f8d49dbb3bde79761abe2123db392cd98b
    http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debconf-data/dc15.git/commit/?id=d167c06518b76621f73be129ca2e7934297f377f
    http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debconf-data/dc15.git/commit/?id=dd4c07428c39742d0890eeeae1b367c9a19bf279
    http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debconf-data/dc15.git/commit/?id=bac94778ff8e0505a6e27f2d2fd6e560c889c5ed
    http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debconf-data/dc15.git/commit/?id=38c2d8188875b399a0f6a052985ddad25451d88d
    http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debconf-data/dc15.git/commit/?id=8349d2934298435d3bd93e2d50a7364badd51b03

  - Promise thank you ad, but not "world-wide"
    http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debconf-data/dc15.git/commit/?id=11f8278d3ba243f29cbb46c606319a5b9492a8df

  - Don't patronise and disallow sales activity at job fair, as it's
    obvious
    http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debconf-data/dc15.git/commit/?id=c421d148d9f2357503a7a9ae3e6c258433114d9b

  - We amended the cost of the levels to 2.5k/5k/10k/25k
    http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debconf-data/dc15.git/commit/?id=9e652c0aff2f024b7c4a7144316bfbf3602c467a

Comments and commits very welcome!

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@debconf.org>