RFC DC15 sponsorship brochure

Hello sponsors team,

we have received the first requests for DC15 sponsorship as
companies are heading into the 2015 budgeting season towards the end
of QIII/2014. Therefore, we would like to get the brochure done as
soon as possible, ideally by the end of August. There are also the
ideas floating around of handing our brochures to sponsors at DC14
and FrOSCon, both of which are close.

Please clone from http://git.debian.org/?p=debconf-data/dc15.git and
have a look ASAP. The brochure can be trivially built using
pdflatex. I could not attach a PDF as I am on a crap connection,
sorry. Maybe someone can build it and push it somewhere where we can
later remove it again — it's a draft…

We have mainly built on the DC13 brochure, but we have reworded
a few sections and also added ideas of a job fair and additional
sponsorship opportunities.

Some of these additional opportunities are required because we can
foresee problems when a German non-profit wants to pay for e.g.
a day trip, coffee, drinks/snacks, or a conference dinner.
Therefore, it would be much easier if a sponsor just stepped up to
handle these, and we think it actually be an attractive opportunity
for some of our sponsors to sponsor more directly like we have in
mind.

However, a few members of the DC15 team are still a bit torn about
the idea of having e.g. a sponsor say a few words (only a few!) at
the conference dinner or the C&W party, or whether we are "selling
out" by offering so many perks to be "purchased". Yet, noone has
strongly objected, and therefore it's time to make a move and get
your to look. The thread is here:

  https://lists.debian.org/debconf15-team/2014/08/msg00033.html

Also, we don't propose DebianDay, as none of us thinks this every
really worked out well. Instead, we would like to have an "opening
weekend" with talks that are suitable to a wider audience. This
could fly quite well, given the proximity to e.g. Frankfurt and
Stuttgart and even Munich.

Since this also has to bounce through dc-team, we would really
appreciate if you could have a look ASAP.

Also, you will notice that we are toying with the idea of having
portraits on the introductory page, just to add a bit more of
a personal touch to the brochure — all the other conferences I have
been involved with had faces associated with "the organisers"
— whether those faces were actually organisers or not. It might just
mean more money. Who knows.

If you want your picture in the list of portraits, please
submit one to me or add it yourself! ;)\

We are also addressing our sponsors directly, rather than just
saying "sponsors may do this or do that".

So, looking forward to your comments…

Thank you,

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`