Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 20:49:24 +0200
From: martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org>
To: dc15 team mailbox <debconf15@debconf.org>
Subject: Portraits for the sponsorship brochure

Folks,

In looking at the sponsorship brochure, I took a bit of an issue in
how impersonal and dry it was. Franziska went ahead and replaced
"sponsors can" with "you can" throughout, and I had the idea to add
an introductory "hello from the organisers" page, including
portraits of some of our team members. See attached for the current
draft version.

Whether this is a good idea or not should be discussed. However, so
as to not lose time in case we all like it, I suggest to pipeline
the portraits a bit. Therefore, independently of a final decision
over this page, please send me a JPEG portrait with dimensions
200x248 at 300dpi. I'll then pick 10 that I think give a good
impression of the diversity of our team.

A word about what these portraits mean: this is just the sponsorship
brochure and the sole purpose is to make it more personal and give
faces to "the organisers". As such, we should be looking for
a diverse set of portraits, without trying to figure out who is more
suitable to be put there for credit. If this means that my photo
(which needs not be the first!) isn't suitable, it can go away.
Proper credit for your contribution will be given where it matters.
This is just the sponsorship brochure.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf14: Portland, OR, USA:   http://debconf14.debconf.org