Re: Buying less than 100 % food in HD

also sprach martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> [2014-04-14 10:54 +0200]:
> I have asked the youth hostel to provide a short summary of their
> offerings.

They have responded (see team mailbox for the complete text). Here's
the summary of their proposal:

  - we pass out meal tickets, which *they* collect;

  - their suggestion is to pass out N = C + 20 tickets, i.e.
    C planned meals and a buffer of 20 for unplanned meals;

  - we pay for MAX(C, N) meals, i.e. at least for the number we
    planned/ordered, and also for each additional meal;

Wrt sustainability of food etc., they say that they are certified
for sustainable production, and they make an effort to source their
food locally. They also select their suppliers according to
sustainability standards.

They are open to some special requests (e.g. vegetarian lunches, or
somesuch). However, they are also bound by framework agreements with
their suppliers, so they cannot just do as they/we please, at least
not without limits. We'd have to see when we have concrete requests.

All in all, I think this sounds like we can enter a contract and
then discuss details.

Do you agree?

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@debconf.org>