Re: Magazine Ad Re: Artwork jobs DC14

Hi Valessio,

On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 05:16:51PM -0300, ValessioBrito wrote:
> Hi Patty,

> I thought the announcement with appreciation the realization of
> DebConf13 and call for sponsors and holding the next DebConf14.

> I think we should be modeled on an announcement invitation and thank
> you at the same time.

> If you need any proposal, please inform deadlines.

DebConf14 is happening in two months.  Even if this ad was put together in
time for publication before the conference and did lead to more sponsors,
that sponsorship would not now change the operating budget for DebConf14.
So I don't think there's any point in you putting effort into such an ad at
this time.

And for the "thank you" ad, this must happen *after* the list of DC14
sponsors is finalized - even though new sponsors won't change our operating
budget for this year, and even though we are no longer in an active
sponsorship drive, we would still *accept* more sponsors, which would reduce
Debian's contribution to the budget.  So we are not ready to do the "thank
you" ad, which is required as part of our sponsorship package, until later
this year.

So please wait until after DebConf14 has happened, at which point your help
in preparing the required DC14 "thank you" ad would be most appreciated.  At
that time we can discuss whether to also include content about soliciting
sponsors for DC15, or possibly doing a separate ad later in the year for
this purpose.

Cheers,