Re: Magazine Ad Re: Artwork jobs DC14

>>> It was a full page ad with two two different media sponsors. (Guessing since
>>> they are color magazines, color can be assumed, but this this will be the first
>>> time I am involved in the ads, so I'm not 100% sure.)

So we can run a full page, 4 color ad, with our two media sponsors.
This ad must feature the logos of all of our silver+ sponsors. (It's a
benefit laid out in the sponsors brochure.)

Generally, we can't finalize the ad until the list of sponsors is
finalized. My understanding is that we've passed the deadline for new
silver+ sponsors getting their logos on shirts, so realistically we
could freeze it for the ad too. If we haven't we should wait till that
freeze has happened.

Once that is done, if we'd like to run more than one ad each year,
both media sponsors are willing. In particular we discussed an extra
full page ad soliciting sponsorships about 6 months after we run the
"thank you" ad. (As a sponsors-team member, I'd love it we could
experiment with this for DC15). We also discussed banner ads,
soliciting sponsorships.

Although I am probably biased, as a member of sponsors-team, it is my
believe that our use of media should focus on outside sponsorships and
sponsors, since we aren't really an end user conference and don't need
to advertise for attendees outside of our development/volunteer
community. (Thoughts on this most welcome.)

Cheers,
Brian