Re: [Debian-sponsors-discuss] DebConf14 fundraising

Hi,
On Fri, Jul 05, 2013 at 06:14:11PM +0200, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> Le mardi, 2 juillet 2013 16.07:31, Moray Allan a écrit :
> > That is, the DebConf14 team should already be thinking about
> > additional "local" targets, and preparing text/images to update the
> > DebConf fundraising brochure.  Those things should be finalised
> > during DebConf13, if not earlier, and active DebConf14 fundraising
> > should start as soon as possible afterwards (ideally already
> > starting to reach out during DebConf13).

I fully agree we can start looking for new sponsors but I think we should give
a little bit of time to our current DC13 sponsors before asking
money again for DC14. Reasonable to me would be to send them the thank you
package during the conference and wait a couple of weeks after the conference.

An other idea would be to send them a DC14 brochure already with the thank you
letter.

> Several DebConf13 locals have put quite some work into making the
> DebConf13 sponsoring brochure a maintainable latex project, including a
> translation infrastructure, and for which the english, french and
> italian texts have been reviewed through the respective debian-l10n-*
> channels, so I would really recommend using this as a starting point:
>
> http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debconf-data/dc13/sponsorship-brochure/
>
> (if you copy that, discard the .svg and .odp in there)
>
> I would be happy to assist in making the DC14 version of it, but as we
> saw last year, the thing mostly needed before is the logo and colour
> code.

I will also be happy to help for the transition to DC14 team and contact
current DC13 sponsors again.

Looking forward to see you in Vaumarcus :)

Cheers,
Raphaël